The D-fa Float-Doggy dog life vest gives a balance of support and flexibility to allow for lots of doggy paddling action while keeping him safe in the water.Here's Four Good Reasons Why You Dog Needs A Dog Flotation Vest, Even If He's A Great Swimmer
- Dogs are sprinters, not stayers in the water
They go in and out of the water, fetching or chasing, with short rest periods where they put their paws down and rest. If they have to swim even a modest distance they can exhaust quickly.
- Moving or cold water is extra tiringSwimming even modest distances in cold, moving or deep water is challenging for even the most capable doggy paddler. Exhaustion and hypothermia both limit your dog's natural swimming ability.
- We Are Changing The Behaviour Of Our Dog To Suit Our AdventuresThe on-water environment has some new challenges for your dog. Balancing on a kayak, different smells and sounds, the changing energy of the people around them as adrenalin rises and falls all affect your dog. Fitting a comfortable, well-designed and well-fitted dog flotation vest will help him swim more comfortably for longer, and give you a secure harness in which to lift him if he struggles.
- Dog Overboard Rescues Are EasierRescuing a struggling dog from the water can be difficult. Having some kind of secure, well-fitted lifting harness around your dog in the water makes it easier to hold and lift your dog. It reduces the risk of them swamping you, and makes the whole experience more comfortable for them.
The D-fa Float-Doggy dog flotation vest uses a unique enclosed design. Think of it as being more like your fitted, ergonomic whitewater PFD or water-ski/wakeboard vest rather than one of the bulky, one size fits most jackets you are issued on airplanes – you know, the ones that are bulky and square, you can't swim in and that ride up around your ears.
- Harness construction cradles your dog in the jacket and removes pressure points.
- Hinged foam segments allow free movement and a better fit.
- Variable density foam complements natural buoyancy.
- Chest panel keeps the head above water without pressuring the throat.
- Tapered panels give a better fit on a range of doggy shapes.
- Double strapping secures the jacket evenly and firmly.
- Full length lifting handle and leash attachment for doggy overboard situations.
- Harness construction for secure lifting, minimizes throat and elbow pressure.
- Durable construction using Cordura™ Nylon and waterproof reflective tapes.
- No Velcro or awkward fastenings!
D-fa Float Doggy life vests are sized by your dog's weight and are adjustable for a range of chest girths
| Petite || 6 - 13 lb |
| Small || 13 - 26 lb |
| Medium || 26 - 55 lb |
| Large || 55 - 115 lb |