We asked our ambassadors Devin, Pat, and Bella to try out the Ruffwear Urban Sprawl Dog Bed – to sleep on it, if you will. Here is their review; enjoy!
While we definitely don’t stop adventuring as the seasons change and the snow flies, there is certainly a change to the rhythm of our daily routines. After Daylight Savings ends, we eat dinner noticeably earlier. We spend more time on the weekends clearing out the yard, cleaning and putting away summer gear, dusting off and prepping winter gear, and we might even sleep in a little later on the weekends. We spend more time cooking, baking and possibly even watching a movie or two. Training for ultramarathons wanes and the horses go to winter pasture to run free until May. Camping and extended road trips drop off, while skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and winter hut trips ramp up.
Bella had the chance to test out Ruffwear’s Urban Sprawl dog bed for Backcountry K-9 this fall, just in time for the nights to lengthen and bring the first hard frost to the Colorado plains. As we’ve watched the snow creep down from the high peaks into the foothills this year, Bella has had a cozy crash pad to supervise us as we oil saddles, clean out the cars, rake leaves, wax skis, and sit by the fire at the end of the day. At night, Bella sleeps on her Urban Sprawl with an old fleece blanket so that she can create a nest.
What we’ve come to like most about the Urban Sprawl Dog Bed is its ability to serve the function of both an indoor and outdoor bed. It is lightweight, and the built-in handle makes it easy to move. A waterproof and dirt-repellant base and sides keep your pup dry and protect the longevity of the bed. The base cleans off with a quick shake or brush off, and the removable cover is a snap to toss in the wash. The soft microsuede top is durable and has withstood Bella’s persistent digging and nesting.
• The mattress insert can be flipped to a soft or firm side. The soft side is ideal for cooler weather or dogs who like a soft surface to sleep on. The firm side is preferable for warm temperatures or older dogs who have a difficult time getting out of bed.
• Durable, non-skid, water-proof base for use on any surface, indoor or out.
• Portable and lightweight to easily move locations.
• Mattress stuffing remains evenly distributed and doesn’t compress after long-term use.
• Very rugged, withstands diggers and nesters like Bella.
• Ideal for indoor or outdoor use. Would be great for car camping, truck beds, barns, garages, etc…
• Comes in medium or large. 63 lb. Bella fits well on the medium, but we would recommend the large for a dog any bigger than that.
Whether hanging out during outdoor chores, taking a break at basecamp, or getting cozy and turning in for the evening after a great adventure, you’ll be sure to love Ruffwear’s Urban Sprawl dog bed for everyday use! This is one piece of gear you will never want to put into storage. If you are someone looking for a dually functioning indoor/outdoor bed or are hoping to replace a lower quality bed that your dog recently destroyed, then the Urban Sprawl bed is worth the investment!
Where to Buy
Get your own Urban Sprawl Dog Bed at Ruffwear